Friday, February 29, 2008

Cheesecake What!?

Far be it from me to slam a restaurant for anything, but here I am checking out the morning Truehoop and find out that the Cheesecake Factory is an unusual favorite of many NBA stars.  Check out the link and believe that a man will eat ungodly portions from a gargantuan menu.  I am just shocked!

Not to leave it there, but it's been quite some time since I've been there and the restaurant itself is nuts.  I don't think their food is terrible by any stretch, but the wait time is always ridiculous, you often leave with a giant brick lodged from your colon to your duodenum and perhaps snaking even as far as the middle of the esophagus.  If you had millions of dollars to spend and plenty of time on your hands post-game or even in the off-season, would you spend it at the Cheesecake Factory? 

My thought is, the portions are huge, these guys eat a ton, and it's not an unreasonable place.  My second thought is, these guys are just like the rest of us and seriously, who needs to be eating at Cut every day of the week.  It's also no wonder that most of the athletes you see on cribs have empty refrigerators, something tells me the majority of them aren't leaving the restaurant with those technicolor dreamcoat-striped doggie bags.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they like Cheesecake because it is fairly consistent in quality, menu items and service no matter what town they happen to be playing in. Because these guys probably don't get a lot of home-cooked meals, it's nice to be able to rely on the fact that you can always get some decent, comfort food at a reasonable price. Have you had their Miso Salmon? It's delish and big enough to eat half of it at the restaurant and save the other half for lunch the next day. Great value!

Mark said...

That's what I'm talking about! I have a feeling a dinner there would be good for at least two additional meals after the initial one.

Another take on the Cheesecake Factory phenomena is the diversity of the menu. You can go from standard American fare, to Asian cuisine, Tex-Mex, and Italian. My favorite will always be the four-cheese pasta, but they are known to make a killer burger. Maybe it's time to revisit the ol' Factory.