Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Lovely little Valentine's Day Free Will Horoscope:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
After careful meditation on your current astrological omens, I've decided on this assignment: Memorize the following lines, borrowed from a poem by Andrew Varnon, and say them to the person whose destiny needs to be woven more closely together with yours. "Be my ruckus, my perfect non-sequitur. Be my circuit-breaker, my lengthening shadows at dusk, my nest of pine needles, my second-story window. Be my if-you-stare-long-enough-you'll-see. Be my subatomic particle. Be my backbeat, my key of C minor, my surly apostle, my scandalous repartee, my maximum payload. Be my simmering, seething, flickering, radiating, shimmering, and undulating."

I want to be able to call someone my "ruckus."

It's that time of year again. The Motion Picture Academy of Arts and Sciences has named their list of nominees for this year's ceremony. I like a lot of their choices. Especially the bold choice of nomination Salma Hayek for her work in Frida, which is on my list of "movies to see." Salma also appears on this months cover of Vanity Fair. Which is a shame since they're also at the center of this controversy.

You know, while we're all worrying about being assaulted within our borders, certain people just go about their daily lives. Take Steve for instance. He partakes in a little bit of leaf to forget his troubles. Some people like video games or playing with their computers. Some people end up getting hacked. It's a true shame though, that some of those people playing video games will lose a legend.

Comics and animation really are receiving a lot more attention lately. Maybe it's because there's so much nostalgia lately. Or maybe it's because Marvel has been performing so well. In my opinion, it's because more people are looking for an escape. What do some people have to say about this? Well, "Poppycock!"


No comments: