Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Would you believe that Blogger is currently offering its users the first chance to beta test Google's new e-mail service. They've been calling it "Gmail" for the time being, which makes it sound like some kind of ghetto-mail system, but is more appropriately named because it gives you 1 whole gigabyte of space. Awesome. I'm considering trying it out, but I'll be slightly paranoid for the time being. I believe like MS, Google can use your e-mail to send you advertisements and many other "offers" based on your interests. Well, this is all if you supply them your information voluntarily I guess.

Big News! I'm going to be taking an illustration class at Otis this summer. I may have mentioned it before, but I've been getting a yearning for some creative burning this year, and taking this class will be the first step. The price for taking the class is pretty expensive actually, but I think in the interest of trying to challenge myself creatively, it's something I'm willing to deal with. Even so, I'm very excited to have the opportunity to do this, as I haven't taken a real drawing class since before high school. Wow.

Speaking of creative yearnings. I've found with the TV off and music blaring, I'm more productive. Unless, of course, I'm writing, then I have to have complete and utter silence, or my thoughts will be drowned out by the lyrics. Too easily swayed by others words I imagine. While drawing though, music can be inspiring. What's more interesting is looking at what I've drawn during a song that's been playing. If it's melancholy, the drawing will be softer and more emotional, and if it's powerful, the lines are aggressive and the subject matter is antagonistic. Pretty fascinating. Makes me wonder what's really going on in my head while doing all this...

No comments: