Friday, August 06, 2004

Rah Rah

Being creatively energized as I am since taking my illustration class, I've taken the opportunity to start trying to write a bit more than usual. I'd have to say that although a lot of the stories I place on this little bit of nightmare I call my blog are just practice sessions with different styles and ideas, they've been pretty enjoyable. Doing something unique every now and then is how people stay on their toes in the first place, and it's a highly recommended method. One of my favorite authors said it best, and I'll paraphrase here, writing what you know is the easy way out. There are snatches and fragments of truth in some of my very early writings, and looking back on them (at least the ones that aren't published) the overt pretentiousness shows. It makes me feel horribly ashamed that I'd think that now, having been awful proud of those little passages in the past, but if you were to read anything I've written of late, and compared it to what came before: totally different. Mostly, I just want to grow and learn as much as I can, because I enjoy writing, and I hope that at some point, I'll be able to share it more widely. This is why I'll most likely take a writing class instead of art this upcoming quarter.

If there's one to be found that is. If not, then it's Painting for Illustration. I've always wanted to learn how to paint in Guache...

No comments: