Thursday, October 07, 2004

Play Ball

Even though I'm not as much a fan of Baseball as I am of Basketball, I have to say that since both the Dodgers and Angels have made the playoffs, I've been paying a lot closer attention. Sports are always more exciting when there's actually something on the line, and although both teams are down in their series to start out, I'm still pulling for an all SoCal World Series.

Surprisingly, even though I'm from Orange County, I'm more of a Dodger fan. It might have to do with an early memory of their 1989 World Series victory with that memorable Kirk Gibson home run, but it also might have to be that there's so much history behind the team. I'll always be more fired up for a Dodgers vs. Giants game than for an Angels vs. A's game, that's just the way it is. Admittedly though, Angel Stadium is a lot more fun than old Chavez Ravine, so an Angel game is always fun to watch in person. What's even more fun is to watch the teams play each other since the rivalry has become more close over the last few years. With the Angels having won a World Series of their own more recently than their Uptown neighbors, there's more on the line than just a championship: bragging rights.

Even if they both get eliminated, it should be a competitive championship. Good luck to both teams.

No comments: