Monday, November 15, 2004

Breakfast Anyone?

LA Blogs asks all of its citizens about their breakfast habits. Being that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day (especially on the weekends) I'm naturally inclined to participate.

1. General question, where is your favorite breakfast in LA?
Uncle Bill's Pancake House in Manhattan has some of the best potato scrambles ever devised. I love the food, but the wait's nothing to be sniffed at. Duke's in Malibu has a fantastic brunch that has to be experienced by all.

2. What do you order?
I love the common breakfast stack which usually includes eggs, sausage, hash browns, and a heaping stack of buttermilk pancakes. The quality of the restaurant always depends on the quality of their pancakes.

3. There is great Mexican food in LA, where do you go for huevos rancheros or a breakfast burrito?
El Conquistador in Silver Lake is hands-down, the best place to go for a quality Mexican Breakfast. They serve their huevos rancheros with a nice, toasty, and crispy tortilla.

4. For a quick bagel or donut, where do you stop?
Since it's the closest place to me, Noah's Bagels is the most convenient, and has a good variety when I'm in a hurry.

5. Any greasy spoons that you brave or would like to?
Pann's is quite good over on La Cienega, but even closer than that is good ol' Chips which I haven't been to yet, but I would love to try.

6. Over priced breakfast?
Good question, I have yet to eat a horribly expensive breakfast anywhere, anyone have any ideas?

7. Coffee, tea, or juice; where is the best spot?
Juice, always. I'll pick up a Naked Juice when I can. I'm not much for going out for coffee.

8. You have guests from out of town, where do you take them for an overall great breakfast?
Either Uncle Bill's or the Original Pancake House in Torrance. If they're up for a drive, Plums in Newport Beach has an amazing spread, and totally worth the wait.

No comments: