Monday, November 01, 2004

Traffic Survey

Ah, the joy of traffic tickets, another LA Insight from LA Blogs:

1. Have you ever been ticketed for a moving violation?
Yes, but never in the state of California (knock on wood).

2. Have you ever been able to talk your way out of a ticket (just getting a warning)?
There's been a couple of close calls, but I've never had to talk my way out getting a ticket, usually the cops either have bigger fish to fry, or just want to talk.

3. Have you ever fought a traffic ticket?
Nope, I figure you do wrong, you pay the price.

4. How did you fulfill your traffic school requirement?
Took a one day course at a community college. Had to be the most horrible day I've ever spent in any class, anywhere.

5. Have you ever gotten a parking ticket? Did you fight it?
I've gotten a couple, just because I completely lost track of time. They're lame, and always at a meter, so I've never really fought them.

6. How much do you think you've spent in your lifetime on tickets? (Or, if that's too personal: Where to you advise people to avoid getting a ticketed (parking or moving violation)?)
It's been so long since I've gotten a ticket in any form that I can't estimate or give any sort of advice whatsoever.

7. Have you been ticketed in other cities/states/countries? How does that experience compare?
I've only been ticketed in the state of Arizona. Although the stretch of road I was ticketed on can be pretty deserted, it's not deserted from the highway patrol. It was a little embarrassing, but minor.

8. If you had it to do all over again, what's the one thing you would have done differently when it came to a run in with The Man?
Not speed in the first place. It's reckless and silly on a crowded or unfamiliar road. That's all I'm going to say.

No comments: