Friday, February 25, 2005

Get Real Paid

OK, so now I remember why Beck is one of my favorite musical artists right now. I've been anticipating his new album since I heard it was going to be released soon, so when I heard he was having a concert at the Henry Fonda this week, I jumped on the tickets as fast as I could.

Boy, was I not disappointed.

The setlist he slapped together was to be expected. It was heavy on the new material, light on the old, but most of all, it was put together to get the audience moving. I really liked his new music. It's classic Beck: disco-funkadelic hip-hop blended with electronic beats in a country-western vein. Make sense? Well, at any rate, I wish he could have played another encore, and I wish that his opening act (Cat Power) could have been more dynamic and received with greater appreciation. Those are just minor issues though, the concert was fantastic, I'll buy the album when it comes out, and for sure I'll buy another ticket to his concert when he goes on tour.

Want to hear some choice Beck tunes? Ask and ye shall receive...

No comments: