Thursday, July 26, 2007

San Diego or Bust!

Tonight we prepare for the madness that is Comic-Con International: San Diego.  Truly, it will be madness this year as the convention has sold out of all 4-day passes.  Even more telling is that all Saturday one-day passes are sold out also.  What this means is that there will be a plethora, nay, a wave of people attempting to get into the convention on Saturday morning.  We will be attending both Friday and Saturday and for that, I owe a large debt of gratitude to my most awesome fiancee for putting up with my lifelong hobby.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the panels, some of the creators, and perhaps a celebrity or two, but specifically, I hope to see:

Paul Pope signing his book, Pulphope
James Jean signing his new Process Recess 2
The Heroes panel featuring the entire cast
The Battlestar Galactica panel
Robert Downey Jr. as the Invincible Iron Man
The Flight and Gallery Nucleus booth
The Vinyl Toy Network booth replacing Tower Records
Previewing the 10" Bart Simpson Qees
Strolling through Artists' Alley for sketches
Glancing through Stuart Ng's vast European Hardcover collection.

And I'm sure much more.  What's left for me to do is to actually pound out a schedule for the weekend, which I've been lacking in the past.  This time, I'd rather not wander around aimlessly, so I'm hoping to get my money's worth.  Who knows what will happen, but I'm terribly excited.

Again.  I am a tremendous nerd.

No comments: