Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Read the stars. Read your Free Will Horoscope:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
More than seven centuries before a few European men dared to sail beyond the safe boundaries of their known world, entire Polynesian families crossed vast expanses of the Pacific Ocean in catamarans. The first humans to arrive in Hawaii, they were led by "wayfinders." These miracle workers navigated the uncharted seas by reading star positions, discerning weather patterns, and interpreting the ocean's colors and movements. In recognition of the brave, exploratory urges now ripening in you, I hereby give you the honorary title of "wayfinder."

I'll make like Fastball and help others find "The Way." I better start with myself though.

I like to dance. Moreso than most people to tell the truth. Some people need a little liquid assistance to get their feet moving to a beat. I think I just need a beat. Does that make me "festive?" I think it just makes me a little more willing to make a fool out of myself. Perhaps it's in my blood? I tend to believe more in the latter. Then again, it's not just me that likes to dance. Must be a personal choice sort of thing.

One thing I've realized in all my years that I've been watching the sport of hockey: Goalies are the most important people to trust on the ice. The LA Kings have their wizard in Mr. Felix Potvin, but no other goalie is as important as Mr. Patrick Roy. Good thing he's going out at the top of his game. No retiring and unretiring for Mr. Roy, he's a smart one, he is.

Since I've been paying tribute to the comic strip artists and comic book artists of today and of yesterday, it seems appropriate to spotlight their annual awards. The Rubens, named after Rube Goldberg, sound like an interesting place to be if you're interested in any sort of cartooning. Someday, I tell myself, someday...


No comments: