Friday, May 28, 2004

Unfortunately, I haven't had the nerve to purchase my web domain yet. I'm a terrible procrastinator and utter perfectionist, so it's hard to get these things off the ground. You can attribute it to laziness, but I like to think that I may not be as passionate about it as I once thought. Ultimately, I do want to get something off the ground and running so that I'll have some place to post drawings, writings, and photographs, perhaps it will just take the proper motivation. Buying the domain itself is half the battle.

Another obstacle for purchasing the domain is the actual domain name itself. People have been imploring that it needs to be catchy, simple, and easy to remember. Unfortunately, marknavarrete.com isn't really that simple, or catchy to tell the truth, but it's sure easy to remember it's my domain! I'm still pondering a few other verbal puns, but the non sequitorial-ness of it all may be confusing. But since I've always been a scant random, I'd imagine it could be appropriate.

Once that gets off the ground, then comes the acquisition of a host, and then comes the actual design of the website. I have something in my head right now, but it'll probably take some major software education. Then, I'll have to determine an appropriate theme. This is probably seeming more complicated than it needs to be, which I think is a tendency of mine, so I'll probably start small.

Plans for the weekend: Relax. Next weekend and all next month are going to be full-blown social marathons. Let's have at some sleep before the big June Summer Explosion.

No comments: