Friday, May 07, 2004

Yes, oh yes, it's Friday.

We're planning on celebrating Cinco De Mayo on Ocho De Mayo this year. Last year I think we actually celebrated on the 5th, but this year's been crazy as far as social events go. There's a period right now where everyone wants to be doing SOMETHING with SOMEONE over the weekend, and what's really amazing is that most people have been wanting to do SOMETHING with EVERYONE. Lots of love out there to be had apparently, let's keep it that way.

Yesterday, unfortunately, I spent the day moping about my apartment, sick as a dog. Lovely, in that I wasn't at work, but not so lovely in the fact that I was SICK. Interesting thing is, I've been recovering a lot more quickly from illness than I have in the past. Must have something to do with the extra sleep, less stress, more exercise, and better diet that's been prevalent lately. Whereas I use to spend at least a week being sick, and maybe a couple of days getting over it, it's been a day of being sick and a couple of days getting over it. Pretty nice in that I don't have to worry about lost time at work, I'm starting to feel invincible. That is, until I get struck by a 16-wheeler.

New Music that I just listened to in its entirety, Franz Ferdinand. Those of you who know them can attest to their fusion of new wave and funk. This isn't a whole new trend folks, ever since The Strokes burst on to the scene with Is This It? there's been an overwhelming trend of garage band indie music with a decided nostalgic flavor muscling its way into the limelight. I believe it's a welcome change from the Nickelcreeds and Three Puddles Down that have been insanely popular on modern radio. Damn you Clear Channel for forcing mediocrity down our throats. But I digress, Franz Ferdinand is infectious. Three tracks in, I was tapping my foot along with their latest single "Dark Of The Matinee." Download it, or visit their website and give it a listen, you might like what you hear.

And damn Ryan Seacrest too while I'm at it. If there's anyone to blame for mediocrity and for the oversaturation of the word "metrosexual" he has to be responsible as well. I don't care if he's got 5 different colors in his hair and he gets "manny-peddys" with his women-friends, that neon-blonde smile of his drives me up the wall.

No comments: