Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Gee, mail...

There's a new email service floating around out there for those who haven't noticed, Gmail (owned and operated by Google). What makes it different than any other free mail service you ask? Spyware? Invasion of privacy? Personalized spam? To tell the truth, these issues can be a bit creepy, but so far none of my hotmail or yahoo messages has shown up on the internet yet, so I think security people have gotten pretty good at protecting us. And will Google sell my soul to the advertisers or government soon? I suppose it could happen, but as long as anyone has some sort of "internet presence" their privacy is on the line. Even this blog is susceptible.

Google also is apparently making other people take notice, as yahoo has increased their free mail space to 200 megs! My roommate has benefited greatly seeing as he's been getting premium email for a while now. They upgraded him to a full 2 gigs! Gah!! I mean....

Gah!!

So far, Gmail has only been available to those who are invited, and I've given a few out so far, but every time I give some out, I'm provided with more! It's like a virus! I have a few left still, anyone want an invite? My Gmail address is available by request...

No comments: