Monday, June 28, 2004

Kubricks

And no, I'm not speaking of an eccentric Hollywood director, I instead speak of the unique Japanese toy that I am quite fond of. Those of you who know me personally can attest that I have a strange fascination with these little suckers.

space bear


I have no idea what it is that I like about them, is it the strangely appealing design elements that each one bears? Is it the stunningly amazing attention to detail they possess? Is it the fact that it's a Japanese oddity imported to our shores in only the most obscure of stores? I for one think it may be attributed to my childhood collection of legos. Each of those yellow guys retained its own charm in a way that's hard to describe for me. Probably an art thing if you will.

There was a time when I had only one of these suckers, just to hang around my office at work. Now I believe the collection's stretched into the 20's. Every time I make it out to Sunset, I make the effort to buy a new one. I'm pretty lucky that I haven't bought a slew of them online. I also have to be pretty lucky that my Japanese skills are so poor, I can't even read their home website. If anyone wants to see more pictures. Let me know, they're all over the place.


No comments: