Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Sept. 21

For better or worse, I have now entered my mid-lo-late twenties. 26 isn't old in the grand scheme of things, but once you get past that milestone, you start thinking about things differently. For starters, you move from that "18-25" bracket to the "26-32" demographic. You've already gotten past that, "I can rent cars without penalty." phase, and past that, "My insurance has gone down" phase into, "How's my 401k doing?" What better way to keep from doing that than celebrating with friends.

Tequila!

Saturday night. Santa Monica. Busby's. Many drinks for each and everybody (mostly myself), lots of pool, and plenty of karaoke. Hopefully I didn't embarras anyone too much, but I hope everyone enjoyed me embarrasing myself with stirring renditions of The Darkness, Violent Femmes, and Bon Jovi.

Karaoke!

Much fun was had, I hope, by all. Busby's is definitely a good place to go with a group of friends and will be always memorable to me. Thanks everyone for coming out and making my birthday very special. I really appreciate that you could all make it, especially knowing the phenomenal drive many of you had to make to get there. Although it's rare that everyone can get together in such a large group, it's always fun, and this time wasn't any different. Here's to all of you!

Cheers!

No comments: