Saturday, June 04, 2005

Batman Contest

With all the big summer movies coming out, it's hard to keep track of when new ones are coming out and what you really want to see if there are overlapping films. Personally, I have an idea of where my priorities lie, and one that I must see this Summer is Batman Begins. It's less than a couple of weeks away and I'm really looking forward to what they're going to do with the film. A great lead actor, a great director, and what looks to be an incredibly stellar supporting cast mean I have high expectations, and I can't see it soon enough.

Thankfully, My Cinema Access is having a contest to send some people to a free screening of the film. All you have to do is write 100 words or less about how you, as Batman, would save the world. I wrote two and submitted one. Can you guess which one it is?

Batman Story 1
The Mad Hatter has taken over Gotham City in a bid to overthrow the world's greatest powers. By employing thousands of psychotically rabid white rabbits throughout the city, he's infected the citizens with the deadly South African Rabbit Fever. Pink-eyed and foaming at the mouths, the zombified denizens of Gotham must be stopped before the disease spreads.

Only I, the Batman, by destroying the Gotham City bridge and cutting the city off from the world, have been able to divert catastrophe.

Batman Story 2
In the deepest bowels of Gotham City, I have conceived a plan using my vast wealth and criminal database to eliminate crime worldwide. Each cowardly felon, once convicted, has been outfitted with a pair of my infamous bat-salvation-belts, complete with GPS, instant communication capabilities with all law enforcement, and the power to induce a 2000 psi bat-enema if any punk steps out of line.

Fear the bat...

2 comments:

Amy said...

i really hope it's the first one. :)

Mark said...

No love for the bat-enema?

Honestly, I think the first one reads generic, plus it sounds more serious in tone and the South African Rabbit Flu is out of place.

I'm going for the 'funny' option here. the 2000 psi has to put me over the top...