Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Nihon e Ikimasu

Tomorrow Grace and I are off for a much needed vacation to the far East. I've always wanted to go to Japan, so I'm very excited and at the same
time a little worried. Although I've taken a year of Japanese, it's been about 5 since I've used it. Will I remember enough to get by, will we be able to navigate the streets of Tokyo, and will we offend everyone we meet?

I don't think so, what's important is the fact that we're going to be away and it will be my second trip to a foreign land in less than a year. One more stamp in the passport and much more exotic foods and goods to buy, why should I be worried? There's going to be a ton of new things for me to experience and plenty of money to be spent besides. Plenty of plans are already set in motion aside from where we'll be staying. Museums, the World's Fair, and Shrines mostly but we'll also meet up with one of Grace's friends who's in Japan, so there will be a tour guide for four days of the 7 we'll be there. Navigating the roads, the subways, all of that should be pretty educational. Maybe I'll come back with a story or two to satisfy curious souls. Well, stories and plenty of pictures, and maybe a few drawings.

Ikimassyo!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Though not as foreign, Canada's still cooler. :) Have plenty o' fun!!