Thursday, January 18, 2007

Nostalgia City


That's the Stuff
Originally uploaded by kardinalsin.
It's a year for looking back, it seems. 10 years removed from high school will do that to you, I guess. It probably wouldn't hold much water, but since there's a reunion coming up, you start hearing from people you haven't heard from in a long, long time, and it brings back lots of memories. One of my favorites was always our trips to Jose McCoy's.

For the uninitiated, this place was our Peach Pit. Across the street from our high school, it was a local taco/hamburger place that served it up hot and cheap. I remember we could get a large carton of fries to share with each other and I'd also usually get a bean and cheese burrito. We could spend a couple hours there and just hang out. You know, high school stuff. So, when the shopping center where Jose McCoy's was bought out, it was with much sadness that we saw it shut down.

Luckily, it re-opened a couple of years ago in a new location, but with the same ownership and the same simple menu. Having not been there in a while, I took a trip on Friday to see if it was still the same experience. While the food wasn't as great as I remembered, it still brought back those memories.

Here's to that nostalgia though. As the reunion gets closer, I'm sure there will be more to report.

No comments: