Monday, December 20, 2004

Painfully Board


Mammoth, December 2004 022
Originally uploaded by kardinalsin.
Or quite the opposite if you will. Mammoth was quite the success, and now I've been infected with the snowboarding bug. To say the least, you know it's been a good weekend when Monday's meant for recovery from lack of sleep, excess of physical exertion, and horrible, horrible pain. Oh yes, the pain.

Seriously though, it's not as bad as I make it sound. Mammoth is always a good time as long as you're not crashing to the snow every ten feet. Here's a picture I snapped at the very, very top of the mountain, home to a mess of double black and single black diamond runs and also one single blue square. After taking a gander at our surroundings for a grand total of two minutes (freezing up there!) I'm amazed at how incredibly steep it gets at the top. Scary steep.

This trip though, made me all the more excited for our future trip to Whistler for New Year's Eve. There's a real hope that I'll remember all the good things we learned this weekend, but I do know that no matter what, it will be fun. Awesome.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Woo! Mammoth was a ton of fun... we're gonna get you on those double blacks before you know it. :)

Mark said...

Double blacks!

...

o_O