Friday, June 16, 2006

Bisteca!

Trust me when I say that Mastro's has one of the best steaks in Los Angeles. 

That and I think I'm finally getting used to the harsh taste of a 12-year-old scotch.

Yesterday, after a long, traffic-filled ride through the west side, Grace and I made it to the previously mentioned Mastro's.  Having heard about it briefly a while back, and having just read about it in a handy-dandy Orange County magazine, I decided we'd embark on a trip for a birthday dinner in honor of Gracie.  I'll keep the review short, but I will dispense with some commentary.  As in...

Whatever you read on Citysearch can never be taken as accurate.  There are times they are correct, such as Marston's, and there are also times when the user reviews are decidedly wrong.  In this case, we were met with the latter.  While many of the user reviews were overwhelmingly positive, there were also a distinct number of negative blasts coming from several different folk.  Many of them decried the awful service, sub par food, and horrid atmosphere of the Beverly Hills eatery as a pretentiously stuffy steakhouse to be avoided at all costs.  What we found was anything but.

The service was excellent (we were practically waited on hand and foot) and the food was remarkably delicious.  We always talk about ranking our steakhouse experiences (for the very few times we've been able to go) and this place is almost equivalent, if not better, to the experience we had at Morton's.  While it is most definitely a special occasion type establishment, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.  If anyone is every wanting to sample their fare, I'd highly recommend it.

No comments: