Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Mission


San Juan Capistrano Panorama
Originally uploaded by kardinalsin.
The trip itself wasn't all restaurants though. Even if our dinner at Chat Noir was remarkable and the Sunday after meal at El Adobe was consistently delicious, we got to visit the mission and take in some retail. Having never been to the mission, I insisted that we visit.

If you've never been, you have to visit. I tend to find ruins and such awful fascinating, for some reason or another, so I consider myself lucky for having seen it. Although I can take issue with some of the purpose of the mission, there is also evidence that a lot of good was accomplished by the priests. I'd like to learn a bit more if I could. One of the more fascinating aspects of the mission I discovered was its role in establishing some of the first vineyards along the coast. No doubt, these priests had their fare share of wine when harvesting season came about.

Check out the rest of the photos here and if you find yourself in south Orange County, stop by and eat some great food or maybe some history.

Now I'm hungry...

No comments: