Monday, June 12, 2006

My Big Sister's Wedding...


First Dance (part 2)
Originally uploaded by kardinalsin.
Of all the weddings I've been to so far in the last few years, none could have been as joyous an occasion as seeing my sister get married this past weekend. Her and her new husband, Geoff, were joined by almost 200 of their closest friends and family at El Adobe in San Juan Capistrano for what was a very brief and tasteful ceremony, an incredible dinner, and a raucous reception. Having a front row seat for all of it, I was ecstatic.

Not having the forum to provide a speech of any sort at the wedding (thank goodness) I figured this would be an appropriate place to give a short summation. From the moment I first met Geoff, I felt he was a perfect addition to our family. His generous sense of humor, comfort around my parents, and willingness to tolerate our idiosyncrasies no doubt helped him fit in better than most other people would. Easily, it was their love and appreciation for each other that led them to this point, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are meant for each other. There are only a few couples out there with the ability to understand, respect, and meet the challenge of matrimony and with their love, I have no doubt they can meet it head-on. I wish them both all the best in the world for their life to come. (Now, if I had a champagne flute, I would raise it high to the sky).

Of course there are pictures that I've taken. When the actual wedding photos themselves are in my possession, I'll see what I can do about getting them posted to the blog. For now, everyone can be satisfied with my own photos of the ceremony and the reception that followed.

Good luck to my sister and new brother-in-law. They're out on their honeymoon as I type, so I know it's a great start indeed.

1 comment:

camille said...

Congratulations to your sis and Geoff!!!! :)