Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Oh What a Night!


My Sweetheart, originally uploaded by kardinalsin.

Grace and I finally did the deed a week and a half ago in the rolling hills of Fullerton and got married. We spent the rehearsal dinner together, basking in the last night of our single lives with our friends and family, anticipating the whirlwind of our wedding that was to take place the next day. I spent the rest of the night waiting for morning, extremely nervous for the day we had planned.

My Friday morning was pretty laid-back, thankfully. My best man came over in the morning and we headed out to my sister's place for breakfast with my brother-in-law. What better choice for breakfast on that day than the sweet promise of greasy, authentic Mexican food. The giant football-sized carne asada burrito did me right that morning, not to mention the superb salsa, counteracting the queasy morning belly I had from the previous night. Our afternoon was spent with me practicing up for the ceremony and with a little Playstation 3 action to relax.

As things do not always go as planned during weddings. The guys and I waited an extra long time for the limousine to show up, I packed up my saxophone with little time to spare and we headed out to the venue. Since a little crowd was already there, I didn't have time to run-through a quick rehearsal of my music, but did manage to tune up a bit. From then on, it was the stereotypical wedding whirlwind. We ran through the ceremony without a hitch, the look on Grace's face while I performed for her made all my sleepless nights worth it, and just like that, we were married.

The reception itself was nonstop fun for the both of us and hopefully for most of our guests. We were lucky to get a few bites of our food before heading out for host-worthy meet and greets, dancing, and drinking, and the food was lip-smackingly delicious (one of our prime requirements). As the cliche goes, the time flew and as all married couples can attest, the reception was a blur. As we drove back to our hotel, we kept talking about how everything came together so well, how easy it was for us to get lost in everything, and how happy we were with every single detail.

The next morning, we relaxed before having lunch with Grace's family and friends from out of town and steeled ourselves for a Honeymoon packing marathon. Myself, I figured I'm very lucky to have been able to spend such a night surrounded by family and friends while we begin this next major step in our lives. I also consider myself incredibly fortunate that I get to spend it with my best friend and love of my life.

Thanks to everyone involved. Honeymoon report soon to follow!

1 comment:

Lynn Tran said...

Congrats Mark & Grace! I'm so happy for the both of you.