Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Red Cross

I just donated blood for the first time in ten years.  Being a bit apprehensive about the whole ordeal, since the last person who took my blood made it feel like they had chopped my arm in half, it wasn't that bad.  I was in and out of there within 30 minutes and even got some Nutter Butter cookies to boot!  

If you can even donate, I would suggest doing so right now since the Southern California blood banks are at some spectacularly low levels.  I would try and donate more, myself, but I tend to feel a little under the weather every time the blood van rolls around.

What can I say though, as I was lying on that table, feeling a bit strange about the whole thing to begin with, "Suavecito" began playing over the blood-mobile radio...

And all was right with the world...

No comments: