Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Busy Wednesday? I think my Free Will Horoscope might know:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
Happy Holy Daze, Virgo! I've been meditating on the perfect holiday presents for you. What might inspire you to be in closest alignment with the cosmic currents in 2003? One recurring vision I have is of cheap gag gifts like whoopee cushions, fake ice cubes containing plastic flies, metal cans that purport to contain shelled peanuts but erupt with spring-loaded toy snakes when you open them up, and pencil sharpeners shaped like human noses. Why these? It's not so much that I think you need to liberate your inner child in the coming months, though that would be beneficial. What I'm even more interested in is inspiring you to be a bit more mischievous and a lot less literal. You'll be amazed at how much your chances for success will improve if you don't follow the rules quite so strictly.

Finding your inner child is easy. Especially when you have yet to grow up.

Lots of good trailers added on Dark Horizons. Including Terminator 3. For some reason I have a hard time really wanting to see this movie. I'm more intrigued by the X-Men sequel than by another Arnold Schwarzenegger film. Trading one mutant for another I suppose.

If people could really get good grades by Hacking, then maybe we can get good grades by stealing too? Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting precedent for schoolwork. Giving himself a D+ is bold though.

Seems things have really gotten out of hand in Los Angeles. The Feds have promised to assist in the city's ever-escalating gang war. Being from the suburbs, I've never really experienced gang violence, been asked to be in a gang, or even been hassled by a gang member. I should consider myself lucky.

The holiday season has tons and tons of movies being released with great potential for Oscar consideration. The Academy better be paying close attention because even the critics are taking notice. I have yet to see all that I've wanted to see, but one by one they are being checked off my list. Maybe I like movies too much?

More than a year after the terrorist attacks, the city of New York viewed several proposals for either a replacement or memorial for the World Trade Center Towers. This is definitely a good sign that we're attempting to move towards peace, but for some reason proposals like this one seem to get in the way of the United States looking like an ambassador of good will. For some reason we come off looking like bullies. I can't imagine why... maybe it has something to do with our recent National Security proposal.

Bay area news sees the resolution of the Battle of the Bond's Homerun Ball. Like Solomon, the judge is somewhat wise. Wose enough to make those two bickering babies auction the bastard ball. The San Francisco Chronicle also does a lengthy examination of human trials for clinical research. Interesting conflict of ideals. Why must science be so rife with philisophical differences?

Besides all this, Bruce Lee needs a DJ.

No comments: