Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Have some relish with your Free Will Horoscope:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
If all you've ever wanted is to marry a blond, blue-eyed cheerleader or athlete with six-pack abs and get a McMansion in the suburbs with a tank-sized SUV in your three-car garage, this will be a disappointing week for you. Nothing that happens will aid you in carrying out goals like that. If, however, you aspire to wrestle tenderly with the unripe side of your nature until it agrees to share its enigmatic treasure with the rest of you, then the immediate future will bring cathartic revelations leading to spiritual orgasms and ingenious changes in the way you live your life.

I will spend the rest of the week trying to figure out what exactly the "unripe" side of my nature is. Any suggestions?

Being that I am an alum of this university, I found this article to be pretty fascinating. I'm still on the fence about stem cell research. So many positives for such a large negative. It really depends on your viewpoint of course. Love it or hate it, the research is revolutionary. I wonder who donated all that money?

This past weekend, Los Angeles had the fortune of a monster concert festival thrown by the World Famous KROQ. Said event was their annual "Almost Acoustic Christmas" and the lineup was quite stellar, in my opinion moreso on the second day than the first. Come to think of it, the Los Angeles Times thought so as well. Having just seen Beck perform earlier this weekend, I can attest that his set was probably quite amazing. Why would KROQ have to go and ruin it with Creed?

Earlier this week I posted a short blurb about the Rawhide Kid and his supposed homosexuality. Looks like it's been confirmed. Should be interesting to see how this pans out, but for some reason I have a feeling the writer is going to horribly fail at breaking any ground. Gay comic book characters have been done before, and none so blatant to tell the truth. Do a search on google and you may be surprised at what you find.

For those of you who make fun of others who have trouble tying their shoes, you may want to try this on for size. I'd say this guy had way too much time on his hands, but it's almost maniacally fascinating. I think it's the sick, engineering side of me that thinks this way. Either that or it's the lame, geek side of me. Oh wait, those are the same things...

Time Magazine had a couple of interesting articles this morning, the first of which is about the increased production of sports cars. I agree that their popularity is on the rise. Especially with better technology for engine requirements and safety constraints, it's no wonder companies are pouring more money into their production. Second of all, we have Spike Jonze, a revolutionary director of film, video, and commercials. His interview about a recent release reveals him to be quite a character. A character enough to get Christopher Walken to dance for him at length on camera. Yes sir.

No comments: