Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Today I highlight a personal favorite of mine: Jeff Smith. Come to think of it, I may have highlighted him before, but what the heck. Mr. Smith is the creator of one of the most fascinating pieces of comic literature out there, Bone. No snickering, please. Anyhow, Mr. Smith's work is quite enchanting. The story of three outcasts from a distant land travelling and surviving in a strange world full of mystical conspiracies is quite engaging. Not only for its distinct characterization, but also for its whimsical sense of humor. Mr. Smith endows his work with a full and lush sense of life that leaps off each page as you turn it. If it wasn't for Jeff Smith, I don't think I'd ever believe the medium could contain such variety, or would I ever take the chance on something different. Look into his stuff, you won't regret it.



No comments: