Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Halfway Through the Cold

So I made it back for a little bit today.  I did have a nice and restful sick day, however, and managed to catch some lost Zs while I was under quarantine.  Not that I usually like being cooped up in the Hawth that often, I tend to get cabin fever.  In the case where I have just enough energy to change channels and stare vacantly into a tube made of cathode rays (how many televisions are still made that way), I can make an exception.

So what did I do yesterday? I re-watched Richard Kelly's Donnie Darko.  Not just the movie as I'd first seen it, but the Director's Cut.  Although somewhat different, it still remains a stunning picture that I consider to be a favorite.  Where else can you have a cross-wise, independent science-film flick that's slightly disturbing chock-full of 80s references and philosophical subtext.  It's never pretentious and every shot in the film is striking in some manner.  It's a good movie to watch when you have time to concentrate and if you're not into explicating movies, there's still a the six-foot death's-head bunny rabbit named Frank.

Anyhow, didn't get a lot done yesterday, but one's not really expected to be productively ill.  Should be a good week otherwise.

No comments: