Monday, August 21, 2006

A Day at the Therapist's Office

Lots to go over from the weekend, but as usual, I'll start from the beginning.

Friday's dinner at Musha was a rousing success, of course.  All has been said, but if you haven't experienced it, you must.

Saturday night was an event though. An event to be remembered as my first ever spa and massage experience.  If it hadn't been for Grace's sister and her brother-in-law, we may have not been able to experience this at all.

Having never been to a spa before, I wasn't prepared for the luxury that awaited me.  Free drinks, free snacks, and some nice atmosphere.  All courtesy of the Zen Day Spa, which is a quite fine establishment in the Calabasas area.  After having washed up and relaxed for a few moments, our therapists introduced themselves to us and walked us to our room.  If anyone has ever had a massage, I'm sure you know how the routine goes, but I really wasn't prepared for how relaxing it is.

They really did a good job concentrating on areas that seemed tense.  What was amazing is how tense I was initially.  I like to think of myself as more of a laid-back person, but perhaps it's just the everyday stresses that one never notices.  After all was said and done, my muscles felt like spaghetti, but only in the best sense of the description, trust me.  I wish we had more time to decompress afterwards, but that comes with being one of the last appointments in the day.

Suffice it to say, I'd definitely go back and if you've never been, you must go.  What other times are there were we can truly treat ourselves?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Haha, I've become such a spa addict that I don't think I appreciate it as much as I ought to anymore! Here's to many more visits in your future. :)