Thursday, August 15, 2002


Conversation
“Hey.”
“Hey.”
“You work today?”
“Little bit.”
“Yea?”
“Yea.”
“I went out to the market, tried to buy myself something to eat.”
“Cool.”
“Sure.”
“Oh, did you catch Tom Cruise on Letterman last night?”
“Never, I actually went to bed early so I could wake up for work.”
“OK, you missed out.”
“Sure thing, I know you love Tom Cruise.”
“Not like you love his ass.”
“…”
“Anyway, he was talking about scientology.”
“You mean that Battlefield Earth stuff?”
“No, no, that L. Ron Hubbard stuff.”
”Same difference. Interesting?”
“Not really, I fell asleep while he was talking about it.”
“Why’d you bring it up?”
“Don’t know, you believe in any of that?”
“Any of what, Scientology?”
“No, like God and stuff.”
“God? Well probably only before I’m about to die.”
“Serious? Geez you and faith.”
“Faith? I need a woman more than I need faith.”
“In God?”
“Not necessarily, in general maybe.”
Yea, and maybe I should start taking steroids too.”
“What?”
“Nothing, anyway, what happened with Carmen anyway?”
“You mean like the opera?”
“…”
“Oh, you mean Carmen Carmen. That girl I met at the library.”
“I still can’t believe you met someone there, weirdo.”
“Better than meeting someone online, freak.”
“Screw you.”
“You wish.”
“Forget it, so Carmen…”
“Yea, we went out.”
“And…?”
“And nothing, she’s a nice girl, but not my type.”
“Not your type? She’s everyone’s type. I saw her with you.”
“Naw, she does this thing where she breathes loudly through her nose.”
“And you can’t deal?”
“Yea, freakin’ strange.”
“How many times you go out with her?”
“Once.”
“And no chance after that?”
“If she wants to go out again she’ll call.”
“But you’ll say ‘no’ because of the breathing.”
“Naw, she cool.”
“But you just said…”
“If she wants to go out again, she’ll call.”
“Umm.. sounds like you don’t mind her nose at all.”
“Naw, she’s still a freak.”



No comments: