Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Hello out there! It's Hump Day. Woohoo! Comments are back up and only two more days until a much-deserved and highly anticipated vacation. What better way to celebrate than with a Free Will Horoscope? Did I mention I love these things:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
Now is actually a better time to trot out your New Year's resolutions than January 1. Here are a few to get you started. (1) Resolve to stop fantasizing about work while you're making love. (Vice versa is OK, though.) (2) Resolve to learn the difference between interesting puzzles that inspire you to mutate and boring riddles that numb your soul. (3) Resolve to stand on a hilltop and belly laugh in the direction of heaven until you have a spiritual orgasm. (4) Resolve to not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do. (5) Just in case you are what you eat, resolve to eat chickens only if they've spent their lives running free.

Running around free like a chicken? I like the first resolution much better altho I'm sure I do that already. Resolution two might hurt my brain, I've been trying to minimize my deep analytical thinking lately to keep from going desparately insane. I will definitely utilize resolutions three and four. What about you guys? Oh yea, we also have some news today.

Here we have an interesting article on the logo history of Apple Computers. I've always appreciated that Apple has been so much more design oriented with their computers. Their logo so simple in its representation and recognition is a prime example of that philosophy.

People find the strangest things off the coast of Florida. Not only can you find a little boy floating around in an inner tube, but fisherman have hooked a human head. Makes you wonder if it's really the best place to move to once you retire.

Remember Lance Bass: N'Space? He's now one step closer to achieving his dream. I say we send them all to space. Deep space. Black hole maybe. Especially that Timberlake guy with the funky hair, him first please.

So September 11 is approaching ever so swiftly, and we're still experience fallout, both positive and negative. Unfortunately this happens to be something negative. A landlord in New York is suing a victim's family for neglecting to give three month's notice before the attack. How despicable can a person be? Apparently, this despicable.

Plus some quick hits. evidence shows that the Japanese used germ warfare during World War II. Scary.

The US Army is going to try out a new portable translator. Imperfect, but still cool.

Lastly, are you addicted to the internet at work? Please don't answer for me, I believe I know the answer.

No comments: