Thursday, July 11, 2002

It's raining outside.

Being from Southern California, we don't get a lot of rain out here since we technically live in a desert. Some people like the rain. They say it's relaxing, cleansing, etc. Me, I don't like it. Something about it is inherently depressing. Cliche, but if it wasn't for most people, then why would it be cliche? It's like sheets of misery coating the ground with bad luck. I don't mind being inside when it's raining. I get to listen to fat drops fall on the roof like a drumroll and fall asleep to its rythm. Being outside and getting soaked is just unfortunate circumstance for not having an umbrella handy. Maybe that's just stupidity?

To top it off, it's humid outside. One of my co-workers said, "It's like Tennessee out there."

Even though I've never been to Tennessee, I mysteriously agree with him.

No comments: