Wednesday, July 24, 2002

News, news, news. Is there ever any shortage of strangeness in this world? Nope, but that's what makes it so fascinating, right? Only if you're weird like me I guess.

Yet another wonderful Free Will Horoscope:

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
If I were your psychotherapist, I'd urge you to talk to me about control and manipulation, about dominance and surrender, about how to transform power struggles into exercises in mutual empowerment. Whereupon maybe you'd blurt out, "No way, man! I'm bone-weary of you always trying to regulate what we discuss. In fact, I'm sick and tired of everyone who tries to move me in the direction they want to go without any regard for where I want to go." And this, Virgo, would be the exact response I'd have hoped to elicit from you. It would blast away your excessive humility, maybe even purge the compulsive aspects of your desire to be of service. I bet you'd then set out on a quest to claim the authority and command you have forbidden yourself from owning all these years.

Sounds like I'm on the right track already. I can't remember the last time I actually bent to someone's will in a while. Always gotta stand up for myself.

Ever been to a restaurant where they have one of those huge chocolate cakes. They always proclaim, "Death by chocolate." Here's a literal example.

Remember The Stand by Steven King, where the world's population is almost wiped out by a 'superflu?' Well, we've always been afraid that our antibiotics may not keep up with bacterial evolution. Looks like it's finally happened. I don't believe we have anything to worry about yet, but the prospect is still somewhat frightening.

With Napster having been beaten to submission by the recording industry, everyone's fleed to the nearest peer to peer network to assume anonymity from "The Man." Someone out there wants to take it all away from us and invade our privacy at the same time by proposing that these companies be able to hack into our computers. When are they going to realize that no matter what they try to do, there's always going to be another way to share files from computer to computer? Technology won't die because they have more money than anyone else...

Bay area has some interesting news for us. Mostly because it also happens to be the most liberal area of California. San Francisco is considering publicly growing marijuana in the city in order to supply the drug for medicinal purposes. On another note in the bay area, a high schooler burned down a great deal of his school and now has to pay up to $2 million in damages. All because he wanted some extra time to light up a joint. Gives new meaning to the term Boy Sets Fire.

Music news has Weezer planning on releasing their new album soon. Catch is, it will only be sold in independent record stores. I for one like this idea. Having seen other bands shill out unique CD's for companies such as Wal-Mart makes me feel ill.

No comments: