Friday, July 26, 2002

Pet peeves.

Pet peeves for me don't come by that easily. I like to think that I'm fairly patient. I'm not quick to anger and I don't lash out with violence or anything like that. The one thing that irks me though, is a loud eater. Someone who smacks, slurps, and gulps their food down with great enthusiasm. A good example is watching any commercial for Carl's Jr. where the eater chomps, licks, and slobbers there way through a simple hamburger. It's mostly irritating that there is no other background noise since the commercial is dominated by someone with slovenly manners. I can tolerate somone making noise if I happen to be eating, but when my officemate eats a banana in the quietude of our office, he mushily chews his way through so loudly I almost want to turn around and throw something at him. I guess that's what headphones are for: keeping me sane.

Anyhow, a short, neat update of cool stuff for perusing. First off, Something Awful has a new Photoshop Phriday either for your disgust or amusement. The idea is there's a theme that some crazy people with way too much time on their hands run away with madly in Photoshop tweaking and destroying recognizeable images. Sometimes offensive, always awful. Check it out, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Also, you've seen this guy's work before, but you may not know it. Geoff Darrow has a lengthy interview about some upcoming stuff he's involved with. Most notably, his work on the Matrix. Extremely detailed and usually stunningly brutal, his linework makes my head spin. Give it a whirl.

http://www.comicon.com/gallery/categories/Other_Comics_Publishers/media/Darrow7.jpg

No comments: