Wednesday, July 31, 2002

So much to see today, I may either split the update in two, update another day, or just plain forget it all together. If i do two in one day, everyone will accuse me of having too much free time. Somehow, this sounds appealing.

As always on Wednesday, we'll start with an update from Free Will Horoscopes:


VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22):
I was simmering in a heated mud bath at an outdoor spa in Southern California. The gooey blend of clay, peat moss, and water from a local hot spring surrounded me up to my neck. A tangy, earthy fragrance provided the perfect aromatherapy, while warm winds swooned rhythmically through the pine trees above me. "This is exactly what every Virgo needs right now," I thought to myself, "to be held in the erotic, comforting embrace of the Mother Earth; gently cooked in an alchemical stew of earth, fire, water, and air; suspended outside of time in a place that's a cross between being in the grave and being in the womb."

That actually sounds kinda nice. Becoming one with nature and all that...

Scientists in Berkeley (of all places) have started to develop spy bugs for the US government. Funny that the most well-known liberal university in California decides to do some work for "The Man." Instead of complaining about a governement contract, they complain about coffee. Priorities anyone?

If you've seen the recent beachings of these pilot whales, this news may be disheartening. It is sad that there's nothing more they could do for these poor suckers. I don't think I quite understand the beached whale phenomena, more reading may reveal an answer.

The increasing amount of junk mail is starting to drive me crazy, and I'm sure others as well. It's nice to see the Federal Trade Commision do something about it, especially when these scams are so paper thin.

For all you fans of the movie X-Men, you may want to see the list of new mutants that may be appearing in the sequel. Not so new to me, but if you haven't heard already, you may be intrigued. Of all places, MTV has the news right here.

Screw the RIAA

To take us out on a lighter note, we have an article from The Onion for your enjoyment. Clickit.


No comments: