Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Design Tyme


Justin Tyme, originally uploaded by kardinalsin.

Ah, an update to the ongoing saga of my Toy Design class. I'm really struggling to come to terms with the fact that sometimes you just have to let it go and stop tweaking a character design. Here, I have updated a little tiny, tiny bit the original sketch that I had done of Justin Tyme, the main character of my imaginary toy line. Someone remarked that he looked "mischievieous" which is definitely a good thing. Being that it was the spiky hair that made him look mischievious to them, I'm not sure if the opinion can be trusted.

Now, the assignment for this week was to have some completed designs with feature sketches as well. Since my characters don't really have any features to begin with, I decided to just focus on expanding the character bin. What follows are my attempts at coming up with some other characters (related to Justin here) appealing enough and with plenty of personalit for kids to play with.

No comments: