Thursday, March 17, 2005

Houston, We Have Liftoff

Headed to Texas tomorrow, so I haven't really been able to update on the Toy Design project. I'm actually a bit perturbed by how it's been going this week in that I had a rough day artistically yesterday. When you have momentum and keep drawing for a good period of time, you have to learn to keep going, and unfortunately, I lost my momentum last night. It's depressing because I really liked how some of my drawings turned out initially, but trying to improve upon it has been painful.

What does one do to spark new embers of creativity? Myself, I usually like listening to music while I'm drawing. I guess it puts me in the mood of isolation, which is how I usually feel when sketching a lot. Sometimes it'll come after reading a book, seeing a movie that strikes me, or even by just a passing mood. Too bad some of these passing moods happen while I'm working, can't do any drawing there.

Well, what I hope to accomplish this weekend is to find something inspirational outside of California. Ideally, I guess one could say that finding inspiration would be even easier outside of the country as opposed to outside of the state, but I haven't the resources at the moment to accomplish such a thing. There is the slight dream that one day I can have a 'travel journal' sort of sketch book, when that will happen I can't be all too sure, but travel I will! Until then, I have my music, I have my new art supplies (always inspirational), and I have my assignments. That will have to do.

What is it that inspires you?

No comments: