Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Evil Toothy Grin


Little James
Originally uploaded by kardinalsin.

Qees, manufactured by Toy2R are something recent that I've posted about before. At least the Knuckle Bear Qees to be exact. This one is part of their original series which is up to their 5th chapter so far. What I really like about them is their hiring of contemporary urban artists or illustrators to design each one of these little guys.

Little James here was designed by Dalek, who I've only just discovered recently, although he's been around for a while. Known mostly for his "Space Monkeys" there's a weird subversive and disturbing aspect to this figure I like. Is it the hideously cute grin he's got, or is it the fact he reminds me so much f Radiohead?

Well, whatever it is, I like it, and will try to find more Qees to build up the collection.

As if it hasn't grown too large already, huh?

No comments: