Thursday, April 07, 2005

Back to the Drawing Board


Buckeye
Originally uploaded by kardinalsin.

I'm not talking about this Drawing Board of course, but about having to redraw some of my character designs for class. From the comments I got a few weeks ago, I tried to make my characters a little more uniform, a little more exciting, and a little more stable. In particular, as opposed to the last design of Buckeye, you can actually imagine that this pose could be accomplished by an articulated toy. In my opinion, I liked the face of my last design, but the pose of this drawing is more correct. Well, more structured.

Not much redesign thought out here. Buckeye came out pretty good on the first shot, but a lot of details needed to be added, like the holster. Still more details could make it truly dynamic, but I think I'll stop here for right now. Let's move along...

2 comments:

Amy said...

my favourite's buckeye, the big guns & cowboy boots really do it for me. not that i have anything against the pirate's sexy calves or the scruffy rocker, either. :)

Mark said...

You've really got a thing for sexy calves, eh? Well, I'm glad you like the cowboy. It's the pancho that really completes it, eh?