Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Adam Warren makes me cry. Well he doesn't really make me cry, but his art's pretty darn kick-ass. These images are "borrowed" from Images Central, so I thought I'd mention that real quick before talking about Mr. Warren a bit. Looking at Adam Warren's drawings, you might think he's another Japanese artist that I'm profiling. Actually, Adam Warren is just one of many western artists that have been so strongly influenced by the Eastern Flava, he's completely immersed himself in it artistically. There are many Western qualities about his art still, but with the incredibly dynamic action and the prevalent use of speed lines, it's apparent where his artistic loyalty lies. His writing isn't too bad either. Funnier than most things I've read, and perhaps a little too thick on the cultural references, but still pretty darn good. Let's all pause for a moment and gaze upon some images.

So even after giving them credit, Images Central still ripped me off, so the images have disappeared. Not like I'm taking credit for scanning, but I guess stealing bandwidth is bad enough. It's not like this is even a commercial site. I should have read their FAQ first, alas.

No comments: